Notice and Takedown Procedure
At Jacob H Ruhl Inc, DBA Ruhl Insurance it is our policy to expeditiously respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). This page describes what information needs to be present in these notices, and is intended to make submitting notices of this type of alleged infringement to Ruhl Insurance straightforward while at the same time reducing the number of fraudulent and/or difficult to understand notices that we receive. The form of notice specified is consistent with the type of notice suggested by the DMCA and can be found at the website of the United States Copyright office (www.copyright.gov).
It is the expectation of Ruhl Insurance that all users of any part of our website comply with any applicable copyright laws. Should we receive proper notification of a copyright infringement claim, our response will be the disabling or removal of the material claimed to be the subject of the infringing activity and/or the termination of subscribers or users whether or not we may be held liable for the infringing activity under United States Law or the Law of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
If we disable or remove material or access in response to a notice, we will make an attempt to contact the owner or administrator of the affected site or material so that if they wish they may make a counter notification in compliance with Sections 512 (g)(2) and (3) of the DMCA. We will also document any acted upon notice of infringement.
Upon receipt of a proper notification of an infringement claim, Ruhl Insurance will follow the following outlined procedures in compliance with the DMCA.
To file a notice of infringement with Ruhl Insurance you must provide written notification via US Postal service or fax which lays out the information described in the following list. Please note that you may be held liable for damages including attorney’s fees should you materially misrepresent the material is infringing upon your copyright. In light of this if you are unsure if you are the proper copyright holder or if the material or content is actually an infringement you may want to contact an attorney prior to filing notice.
To facilitate our ability to handle your notice, please submit notice in the following format:
- Identification including adequate detail of work or material that you believe has been infringed upon.
- Indemnification of the work or material which is claimed to be infringing and is to be removed or disabled and information that will allow Ruhl Insurance to adequately locate the material or content.
- Information that would allow Ruhl Insurance contact the claiming party. Information to include address, phone number and/or email address if available.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or an authorized representative of the owner.
- Signature of the copyright owner or authorized person to act on behalf of the owner.
If a customer or user of the Ruhl Insurance website feels their content was taken down or disabled by mistake or due to misidentification, the user may submit a written counter notification to us which is to include the following:
- Contact information including name, address, telephone number and email if available.
- Identification of material that has been removed or disabled, and the location where it was prior to that action
- The following statement “I consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the (the federal district court in which your address is located).”
- The following statement “I will accept service of process from (the name of the person who submitted the infringement notification) or his/her agent.”
- The following statement “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the affected material or content was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed”
- Sign the statement
- Send the written communication to:
- Jacob H. Ruhl, Inc
26-28 Market Square
Manheim, PA 17545
Or fax to 717-665-3515